"This is a fantastic day out for all ages! Great to see local produce and companies!"
Jaime - Horowhenua Taste Trail 2019
A FRESH TAKE ON HOROWHENUA'S LOCAL PRODUCE
An event that celebrates the richness and diversity of all that is grown and produced in our bite-sized district for a full paddock to plate experience.
To create a collective voice to showcase the depth and breadth of produce developed within the Horowhenua region, through a series of behind-the-scenes experiences.
- Proudly Rural
- Promote Horowhenua as a destination
- Celebrate the variety of quality food producers
- Build a connection with the end consumer
- Showcase Excellence
- Provide a unique yet authentic experience
- Help eliminate the rural/ urban divide
- Celebrate our local people and our employees
- Highlight careers in the industry
- Highlight our contribution to sustainability
In addition to the extensive work of the Trust and the Committee, like most events the Taste Trail could not happen without tremendous community support.
Each year community groups and schools are involved in varying degrees to help deliver a successful day. Ranging from parking, information stands, face painting, site hosting, food preparation and much more.
We really value the support we get from community groups but also acknowledge that they benefit from being part of our event by engaging with the wider community and celebrating our beautiful district.
Community groups who helped make the event happen included: Altrusa Levin, Horowhenua Learning Centre, Waiopehu College, Salvation Army, Waitarere Scouts and Federated Farmers.